If you're looking for a huge database of easy to follow and free natural soap recipes... then look no further!
Think of this page as your own personal portal for some of the best homemade soap recipes out there. Imagine... Tons of natural skin care creations explained in full detail right at your fingertips!
And the best part: As time goes on, this section will keep growing and growing with more and more exciting projects for you to choose from. So make sure to check back often for updates.
I've created this page as a solution to a problem that I ran into when first learning how to make soap. I just couldn't find any good soap making recipes with easy to follow instructions.
Sign Up Today!
*Your information is SAFE with us!
Many soap makers feel that it's enough to merely name their ingredients and leave it at that. For the expert, that may be OK, but for most people an explanation of the details is crucial for success.
I wanted to create something different then what you'll find anywhere else. Each recipe that you discover as you explore this site will be complete with step by step directions and even pictures explaining how the process unfolds. My goal is to leave no detail omitted. I guarantee that no matter how experienced you are at making soap, you will find the visuals and details helpful.
One more note before we move on to the recipes. As many of you already know, there are four soap making methods that can be used to create soap. The two methods that I use are the cold process soap making method and the sometimes simpler melt and pour method. Pretty much all of the soap recipes on this site will deal with one of these two techniques.
I've arranged all recipes according to method used. Click on the links (highlighted in blue) to be connected to a step by step tutorial for that specific recipe.
Sign Up Today!
*Your information is SAFE with us!
Cold Process Homemade Soap Recipes
Here are the homemade soap recipes that use the cold process soap making method:
Oh, and don't forget to bookmark this page right now by clicking on the button below!
- Easy soap recipe (kit available)- this is a great place to start for the beginner!
- Soap Making Instructions (kit available)- A wonderful tea tree oil soap recipe with oatmeal.
- Calendula Soap Recipe (kit available)- This calendula soap recipe is soothing, all natural and absolutely beautiful!
- Shaving Soap Recipe (kit available)- This shaving soap recipe is a must try! The natural colloidal oatmeal makes this bar very soothing and the bentonite clay offers the perfect slip and skin protection needed for a natural shaving soap.
- Honey Oatmeal Soap Recipe (kit available)- This honey oatmeal soap recipe is simply fantastic and the bars turn out absolutely beautiful!
- Charcoal Soap Recipe (kit available)- This charcoal soap recipe smells wonderful and looks awesome! You will also learn a great soap swirling technique in this charcoal soap recipe tutorial.
- Baby Soap Recipe (kit available)- The Soap Making Resource baby soap recipe is gentle soothing and smells wonderful with the addition of natural homemade chamomile infused oil.
- Shampoo Bar Recipe (kit available)- The Soap Making Resource shampoo bar recipe incorporates cruelty free silk, fresh egg yolks and an invigorating hair-care essential oil blend to produce the perfect natural shampoo! Try it today!
- Coffee Soap Recipe (kit available)- The coffee soap recipe will produce a beautiful high-end artisan soap bar. Its strong coffee aroma makes it perfect for that early morning shower! Due to its beautiful design it also can be used as a great aromatic bathroom decoration.
- Goat's Milk Soap Recipe (kit available)- If you've been wondering how to make goat's milk soap, this goat's milk soap recipe is for you! It is scented with a lovely spearmint and eucalyptus essential oil blend and has an amazing creamy lather. In this tutorial, you will learn exactly how to make goat's milk soap successfully and without discoloration!
- Lavender Soap Recipe (kit available)- This lavender soap recipe will produce a wonderful creamy bar with a great aroma. The addition of oat milk really adds a lot to the final product!
- Lotion Bar Recipe (kit available)- A lotion bar is actually not soap! No saponification takes place in this recipe. This simple tutorial will show you how to make a great all natural hard lotion bar. It's the perfect solution for anyone with dry skin issues!
- Insect Repellent Soap Recipe (kit available)- This insect repellent soap recipe produces the perfect soap for those who enjoy the outdoors! The DEET free essential oil blend, with a very high citronella essential oil content, will bug away the bugs in an instant!
- Carrot Facial Mask - This carrot facial mask is a simple yet incredible skin care formula that you must try! The key ingredient is Soap Making Resource's steam distilled carrot seed essential oil. This batch only takes minutes to accomplish and you can make it right in your kitchen!
- Gardener's Soap Recipe (kit available)- This gardener's soap recipe will produce a highly cleansing bar, with great exfoliating properties and a superb lather. It is formulated specifically to remove grease and grime from the hands. This is not a facial soap! This type of soap is also sometimes referred to as a mechanic's soap bar because of its great cleaning abilities.
- Homemade Soap Recipe - Winter Blend - This homemade soap recipe will produce a beautiful artisan bar decorated with black walnut hull colored soap embeds and scented with our winter essential oil blend. All is explained thoroughly in this advanced soap making tutorial!
- Castile Soap Recipe - This castile soap recipe will show you exactly how to make a true castile soap out of a 100% olive oil formula. Enjoy creating this coveted homemade soap bar!
- Honey Soap Recipe - This honey soap recipe will not only show you how to make a wonderful all natural honey soap with delicious citrus essential oil blend, but it will also demonstrate exactly how to incorporate cosmetic honey into any batch of your choosing!
- Handmade Soap Recipe - This handmade soap recipe is designed with a beautiful natural blue swirl, produced with Soap Making Resource's pure woad powder, and scented with a captivating sweet citrus and floral essential oil blend. A true artisan soap recipe!
- Homemade Bug Repellent (Not Soap!) - This oil-based, homemade bug repellent recipe uses only all natural ingredients, including Soap Making Resource's citronella (java) essential oil and grapeseed oil. Stay bite and chemical free this warm weather season with this natural bug repelling formula!
- Cocoa Butter Whipped Body Butter (Not Soap!) - This cocoa butter whipped body butter recipe will create a 1 pound batch of all-natural skin nourishing antioxidant rich body butter. Your finished product will have an incredible and exotic peppermint-lime aroma with a deep chocolate undertone produced by SMR's naturally aromatic cocoa butter. I think you will absolutely love the finished product!
- Jojoba Oil Ointment Recipe (kit available)- This jojoba oil ointment recipe will create a 3 ounce batch of sunburn-soothing, skin-hydrating and hair-healing jojoba oil ointment. This incredibly beneficial epidermal ointment will include a skincare essential oil blend of SMR's carrot seed essential oil, SMR's tea tree essential oil and SMR's lavender (premium) essential oil. This jojoba oil ointment recipe incorporates some of Soap Making Resource's most powerful skincare ingredients!
- Mango Butter Lotion Bar Recipe (kit available)- Learn how to make SMR's skin-nourishing mango butter lotion bar recipe through our detailed step by step tutorial! This hard lotion bar batch incorporates many unique ingredients that have real skincare advantages. Furthermore, the lavender and cedar wood essential oil combination blends wonderfully to create an absolutely delightful aroma. Try this recipe today!
- Fall Essential Oil Blends (Not Soap!) - Within this tutorial, SMR shares 6 fabulous fall essential oil blends. Each blend incorporates lovely spice notes, warm wooded and deep-earth aromas along with the occasional seasonally-sweet bouquet. If you LOVE autumn and you LOVE the aromas of natural essential oils, then you will absolutely LOVE these fall essential oil blends from SMR. Each autumn-blend was meticulously formulated using SMR's top-quality essential oils only!
- Emu Oil Salve Recipe (Not Soap!) - SMR's emu oil salve recipe will create a 2 ounce batch of premium emu oil salve. We are confident that you, your family and your CUSTOMERS will LOVE the finished product that this formula produces! Soap Making Resource's nutrient-rich emu oil salve formula includes SMR's carrot seed essential oil, homemade calendula infused olive oil and, of course, SMR's fully refined pure emu oil. When topically applied, this skin-nourishing product delivers many valuable epidermal benefits!
- Emu Oil Lotion Bar Recipe (Not Soap!) - Within this tutorial, you will learn how to make SMR's emu oil lotion bar recipe formula. This solid lotion bar batch contains a variety of high quality SMR ingredients, including shea butter, yellow beeswax (pastilles), grapeseed oil, babassu oil, rosemary oleoresin (antioxidant), tea tree essential oil and, of course, SMR's fully refined pure emu oil! Like our other lotion bar recipes, this formula will produce a hard bar of lotion that is, easily portable, all-natural and 100% preservative free!
- Homemade Shoe Deodorizer (Not Soap!) - SMR's homemade shoe deodorizer recipe is perfect for kicking the smell out of stinky shoes! Our natural shoe deodorizer formula, which incorporates pure baking soda, bentonite clay, dried grapefruit peel, dried lemon peel and SMR's unique shoe deodorizing essential oil blend will not just deodorize your foul footwear, but it will actually make your shoes smell delightful!
- Natural Botanical Blends in Soap Making - This demo is a must-see for every natural soap maker! In this SMR picture demonstration, we will show you 3 unique botanical blends that produce beautiful vibrant hues in cold process soap. Yes; believe it or not, you can blend a variety of all-natural botanicals to achieve fabulous distinctive hues within your finished product. Our natural botanical blends include madder root powder and Moroccan red clay for a beautiful purple-burgundy hue, paprika powder and safflower powder for a deep orange color and finally, comfrey leaf powder and spirulina powder for a pretty avocado green. Enjoy this demonstration everyone!
- More Fall Essential Oil Blends (Not Soap!) - Within this tutorial, SMR demonstrates 6 additional fall essential oil blends. These unique aromas are warm, woodsy, sweet, spicy, deep and musky; and each will remind you of a cool cozy day in autumn!
- Tea Tree Oil Ointment Recipe (Not Soap!) - Within this recipe demonstration, we will show you exactly how to make our highly moisturizing, skin nourishing tea tree oil ointment recipe. Rub the finished product produced by this formula into your scalp to help soothe dry scalp issues, or apply it to dry and damaged skin and realize its powerful epidermal benefits! Tea tree oil ointment is a versatile cosmetic product with so many wonderful uses!
- Activated Charcoal Facial Mask Recipe (Not Soap!) - Within this recipe demonstration, we will show you how to manufacture our unique blackhead banning and zit zapping activated charcoal facial mask recipe. Simply cover your face with this all-natural deep cleaning facial mask for 15 - 20 minutes and then rinse it off clean. This facial mask recipe will do wonders for your skin tone and it's also a great product to make and sell at your next market!
- Summer Citrus Essential Oil Blends (Not Soap!) - Within this tutorial, SMR will demonstrate the best of the best of our summer citrus essential oil blends. Each blend will offer a unique spin on some favorite citrus scents. All based on a sweet and tart citrus backdrop, we'll impart floral aromas, add subtle spice notes and cool things down with menthols and mints. We'll also surprise you with the occasional essential oil that you may have never guessed would add such tremendous aromatic value when combined with citrus scents! I'm confident that you will learn a lot through this exciting essential oil blend tutorial from SMR.
- Much more coming soon this year in 2016...
Return from the soap recipes page to the soap-making-resource.com home page.